Saturday, April 3, 2010

Claypot rice, the stainless steel version



I thought of buying the Emile-Henry flame top brassier just to make this dish. But I have too many pots already. I don't know how to sneak another pot into the kitchen without my husband finding out. So I try making the dish in my All-Clad 3-quart cassoulet. It is not bad, the bottom brown bits are the best.

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts cubed

Marinate for chicken
4 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce (ketchup manis)
1/2 cup Chinese cooking wine
2 clove garlic minced
1 inch ginger minced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon sugar

3 cups jasmine rice
4 cups chicken stock
Chinese sausage
Dry shiitake mushroom, hydrated

1. Marinate the chicken for a least 2 hours.

2. Heat vegetable oil in pan. Add sliced Chinese sausages and fry until oil rendered from the sausages.

3. Add the chicken together with the marinade. Add the shiitake mushroom and jasmine rice. Stir to combine.

4. Add chicken stock and cook until the rice is done. Check periodically, you might have to add more chicken stock.

5. Taste the rice and adjust seasoning with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment